Thanks for Checking In
Scissorcraft offers low cost, Ad-free subscriptions. Only $15.00 per year for thousands of quality, personally illustrated, educational graphics for children of any age or skill level.
Access to large images available upon log on.
Robots at Work and Play
A robot is a computerized machine which is programmed by humans to perform tasks for people. Robots perform repetitive and dangerous tasks that humans either don't want, or are unable to do for a variety of reasons:
Size limitations robots can go to places where people can't fit into
Extreme environments such as outer space where people can't easily survive.
The word 'robot' is rooted in the Slavic language as robots, which means forced laborer, and refers to a term which classified peasants forced to serve under the feudal system.
Robots Tackle the 3 D's
Robots can enter steaming hot volcanos, which are very dangerous places for people, to collect samples and gather test data on chemicals and gasses.
Robots are also used to perform delicate surgeries to save people's lives.
Home Automation Can Help the Elderly and Disabled
Further information: Disability robot
The disability robot, FRIEND, can assist the elderly and disabled with common tasks such as home automation, preparing and serving meals, and travel outside the home with little assistance from therapists or nursing staff. Semi-autonomous robots are designed to support disabled, paraplegic and elderly people live relatively independent lives.
If you could invent a robot, what would it do?
By Institute of Automation (IAT), University of Bremen - Institute of Automation (IAT), University of Bremen, GFDL,
I thought up this joke while watching a Netflix special on Rise of the Robot competition.
Here's the mindmap I created to help me memorize the joke speech for my Toastmasters club. All images in this page are available to print and color for Scissorcraft subscribers.
Materials To Keep On Hand
Paper Trivia: Did you know that you can only fold a sheet of printer paper in half seven times? Give it a try. It doesn't matter how thick or thin the paper is, once you get to the seventh fold, the paper will not bend or budge.
Sun catchers. To create a translucent, stained glass ornaments effect, apply a bit of lemon oil to the back sides of paper ornaments to create a.
Hang the ornaments on trees, in windows, anywhere bright colorful decorations are desired.
Construct a large paper-tree for the wall with shades of green construction paper. Draw a large tree on a sheet of easel pad paper to tack onto a wall or other flat surface, then decorate with paper ornaments.
- Types of Paper:
- Construction - many colors
- Copier - many colors
- Cardstock - many colors
- Paper tubes - TP tissue, paper towel and gift-wrap
- Foam craft sheets - many colors
- Magnet sheets - Make refrigerator magnets
- Stiff Stencil - Paint repeating patterns on items, embroidery, latch-hook rug patterns
- Felt sheets - Make filled or layered ornaments
- Some Mediums & Tools to keep handy for the creative process.
- Colorful Markers - fine to thick point
- Wax Crayons - stock up around school sales
- Water color sets - and plastic tablecloths
- Chalk - many colors
- Colored pencils - many colors
- Tempura finger paints - primary colors - mixing to discover is half the fun
- Paint brushes - fine tip to standard school size child's brush size at least.
- Straws - paper not plastic
- Tooth picks - age appropriate
- Sponges - cut into shapes or purchase for blotting paint shapes
- Needlepoint, embroidery thread and stretcher hoops
- Puffy paint and glitter - to draw words, images and shapes on cloth
- Wine corks
- Celluclay - A handy pulverized paper product that resembles clay for paper mache'
- Modeling clay - reusable, come in colors, good for making molds
- Pottery clay - Only if you expect to use a kiln
- Silicon molds and release spray
- Wooden shapes - to paint for ornaments and gifts
- Decal sheets for window decals
- Cloth scrap pieces left overs from sewing
- Clay modeling tools - ll sorts, combs, forks, dental picks, anything to make interesting cuts and patterns
- Plain tee shirts